Discussion Method for Participant Knowledge on the Topic of Cost Calculation at the Entrepreneurship Institute - Dili

Francisco Moreira, Rafael Savio, Ilidio Moreira, Marciano Soares


To foster national development, it is essential to have qualified human resources with strong capabilities and skills. The preparation of such resources necessitates a combination of informal, formal, and non-formal education. This research aims to comprehend and analyze the impact of the discussion method on participant knowledge regarding cost calculation at the Eiros Entrepreneurship Institute in Dili. The study was conducted at the Eiros Entrepreneurship Institute with a total of 37 respondents, utilizing a questionnaire as the data collection technique. The data analysis was performed using the SPSS program. The research results showed a correlation coefficient value of 0.573, which is greater than the table value of 0.3160. This value indicates a relationship between the discussion method and participant knowledge, as evidenced by a correlation of 0.573 and a probability of 0.000. Additionally, the analysis of simple linear regression showed an equation of Y = 17.006 + 0.576X, indicating a linear influence. Furthermore, the t-value of 4.140 was greater than the table value of 1.6896, leading to the rejection of the null hypothesis (Ho) and acceptance of the alternative hypothesis (Ha). The contribution of the discussion method variable to participant knowledge was 0.329 or 32.9%, while the remaining 67.1% was influenced by other factors. Therefore, it can be concluded that the discussion method has a positive influence on participant knowledge at the Eiros Entrepreneurship Institute. Hence, it is suggested that educators work harmoniously and fraternally to encourage participants to perform well in the learning process and be good learners themselves.

Full Text:



Arikunto, S. (2002). Metodologi Penelitian. Jakarta: PT. Rineka Cipta.

Arikunto, S. (2003). Prosedur Penelitian, Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

Arikunto, S. (2005). Manajemen Penelitian. Jakarta: Asdi Mahasaty

Moreira, I. X., Pereira, S., Exposto, J. M., & ... (2020). Relation Between Leadership Management on Teacher Performance in Secundadry School Nino Konis Santana Gleno Ermera. ISCE 4(1), 79–87. http://www.iscjournal.com/index.php/isce/article/view/79

Mubarak, Wahit Iqbal, 2006. Buku Ajar Keperawatan Komunitas 2. Jakarta: CV Sagung Seto.

Notoatmodjo, S. 2007. Promosi Kesehatan dan Ilmu Perilaku. Jakarta : Rineka Cipta.

Margono.(2004). Metodologi Penelitian Pendidikan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

República Democrática de Timor-Leste (RDTL). (2003). Constituição República Democrática de Timor-Leste. Díli, Timor-Leste: Tribunal de Recurso.

Oemar, H. (2016). Proses belajar mengajar. Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara.

Roestiyah, N.K. (2012). Strategi belajar Mengajar. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

Sardiman, A. M. (2014). Interaksi dan Motivasi Belajar-Mengajar. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada

Slamento. (2015). Belajar dan fakto- faktor yang Mempengaruhinya. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

Pereira, B. J. P., Guterres, D. A., & Moreira, I. X. (2021). The Influence Of Teacher’s Personality Towards The Learning Achievement. ISCE: Journal of …, 5(1), 69–78. http://www.iscjournal.com/index.php/isce/article/view/108/99

Riduwan. (2006). Metode dan Teknik Menyusun Tesis. Bandung: Alfabeta

Sugiyono, (2006). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R & D. Bandung: Penerbit Alfabeta.


  • There are currently no refbacks.